rickbelzer

Books as Ships of Thought

"A great book that comes from a great thinker is a ship of thought, deep freighted with truth and beauty." Pablo Neruda

Diaries
Christopher Hitchens, Peter Hobley Davison, George Orwell

February Wrap Up & March TBR!

The Raw Shark Texts - Steven Hall A Visit from the Goon Squad - Jennifer Egan Escape from Camp 14: One Man's Remarkable Odyssey from North Korea to Freedom in the West - Blaine Harden
Reblogged from Benefits of Being a Nerd:

February is coming to an end and I've already completed all the books on my February TBR. What a great reading month! I haven't yet reviewed The Songlines or House of Leaves, but those reviews are forthcoming! For now, suffice it to say that I really enjoyed both of these novels. The Songlines has a super interesting focus and really made me want to travel to Australia and House of Leaves is an absolutely phenomenal read that I can't quiet articulate my feelings about at this point. So fantastic.

Now, on to March! This month, I will be reading three more novels for my experimental lit course: The Raw Shark Texts by Steven Hall, A Beautiful Marsupial Afternoon by CAConrad, and A Visit from the Goon Squad by Jennifer Egan. I'm about a chapter into The Raw Shark Texts and I'm really enjoying it so far.

And finally, I'm reading Escape from Camp 14 by Blaine Harden this month just for the hell of it. It was on my unread shelf and I just felt like picking it up. I'm only a few chapters in right now, but so far it is super interesting, super engaging, and wonderfully readable. I can't wait to review this book in the near future.

Happy Reading!